Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Another Recommendation - Paleo

Paleo is the stage name of a songwriter that I first saw at the Funky Church in Portland opening for Portland's Loch Lomond. Later he played at the venue I worked at and forgot his band t-shirt, which (after a few weeks) I decided to take home. It's now one of my favorite shirts, but I hesitate to say I'm glad that he forgot it because he had his luggage lost or stolen that day so he probably could have used the extra shirt. At least I bought his music! And though I like him mainly for his songwriting and singing style, he's also an inspiration for aspiring artists because one day he decided to try to write and record a song a day for a full year and actually pulled it off, 365 days in a row, while traveling and playing around America. He sells a DVD of mp3 files that includes all of those songs. Here's a random article I found about him that links to mp3 files and lyrics so you can check out a few of his songs. More songs are on his website, and he also has a myspace. Paleo can sometimes sound goat-like, but he's great if you like singers with distinct voices and good lyrics. For a sample, here's a video of a song called "Of Athens" that I remember liking when I heard him in person.

No comments: