Sunday, October 19, 2008

video

Music Video shot by the Penny Jam with my friend Derrek Wayne. I met him when he came to a show at the music venue I worked at right at the beginning of summer. He is a fellow former phil major, trained in barbershop quartet style vocals, a proponent of bike-riding and fun to play frisbee with. The video also includes Ben on belled soprano saxophone. It was shot on July 6th and afterwards we stopped at the Horse Brass Pub with the Penny Jam people, rode to drop off my drums at the Broadway Cinema where we'd open for the Independent Film Festival there the next day, then made it back to SE for a barbecue. The drums are my backpack set; I was pretty pleased with myself for being able to fit them all into a backpack guitar case and carry it around by bike.


Derrek Wayne at The Immortal Piano Company from The Penny Jam on Vimeo.
Pictures

The location, the Immortal Piano Company, was really cool. The lady who works there is really eccentric and awesome and taught us a little about the incredibly precise craft of piano repairing that she practices. That pedal piano at the beginning is set up to play all of the music from the Wizard of Oz.

Now that I've figured out how to post videos, anything could happen...

No comments: